Monday, August 16, 2010

Bullet…

I walked to the center of the square… Filled with people as usual, tourists walking around, trigger happy and full of readiness, eager not to miss a single instance of their magnificent visit to this metropolis. I still look at them in disbelief. I am still puzzled by the fact; I always hear how I am just used to it… But I never had this; I can never understand it and I can never see the joy in it. I never expected what would come next.

Right there, right in the middle of that busy square, jam packed with crowds – some deserving to live, some deserving annihilation – I stood, and I started chanted. A mystical, deep, regurgitating chant, filled with sinister messages and primordial fears. As if by instinct, the mass formed a clearance around me, continuing their business as usual. I got lost in the chanting, and I lost track of time. When I next opened up my eyes, I could feel something cold touching my forehead.

A weird creature, a mixture of human genes with those of a rat, stood in front of me pointing a gun to my forehead. I should have felt something; fear, anger, stress, panic, something. Void. Nothing. Emptiness. I stared back at him; he mumbled something that I was unable to comprehend. I continued to chant, looking back into his face. I observed a strain in his face, looked at a magnificent transformation and heard the click before I felt a cold sting on my forehead…

There and then, my problems have been resolved, as a result of upsetting an average humanoid specimen during its touristy stroll…

No comments: