Thursday, February 11, 2010

Trees

The wind racing through the leaves carries secrets…

The leaves store those secrets, archiving them, transforming them to dirty little bombs of fear and uncertainty and then they send them to their roots, hiding them, keeping them safe, ready to be used and passed on to whoever is willing to listen…

But trees don’t gossip, don’t blackmail, don’t sell out… they just are…

It is humans who do though; and how jealous they are that they don’t have those secrets at hand…

So they plot… they envy… they loath…

Is that why humans attack trees, I wander?

Is that why humans chop and trim and kill and maim the trees, unprovoked, full of hostility, filled with hatred and jealousy?

Is that why humans burn them alive and dead?

I guess so…

I walk through the trees, and they sing to me…

I walk through the trees and they show me what they do with the light, the soil, the water…

They let me see how they use the light, to make colours, to paint pictures, to give birth to life…

They let me climb on them, play, hide, live, asking nothing in return…

They let me take what I need from them, with no complaint or resistance, and they nurture what I took away so it will grow back again, free for me to take with respect and love…

When I stand long enough and listen closely, I can hear them cry, and I want to cry…. And I do…

I hear their stories for their friends that held little human children in their branches, nurtured them and gave them playgrounds and memories to grow up with… and I hear their tears, screams and anguish, filled with pain and terror as the same bastard child grew to be a man, a human, and armed itself with chainsaws, tractors, tools, vicious tools, designed to hurt and plunder came back to take that same tree down, taking and not giving back anything in return…

I hear and feel the pain, the resentment and the agony, accompanied with despair and futility…

And I want to kill all humans.

4 comments:

Littlewind said...

But you don't.

superextreme said...

I have a cunning plan...

Littlewind said...

Let me know if you need a hand!

samsara said...

I think that - The Trees unite life and death in a cyclical balance. They spiral in time gathering their wisdom, conserving the energy balance fulfilling their purpose
You hit them with rage they don’t hit back; you stab them they don’t stab you back; you cut them they wont cut you back; they won’t run away; they will try to recover, to continue being, fulfilling their purpose; They are not vengeful; they don’t hate; they don’t revenge; they don’t care to explain; to get angry;
The trees listen to your soul your mind and your heart and sing you songs with your notes, your scales, they draw your rhythms, your feelings, your thoughts; you feel pain they sign you pain you feel love they sign you love you feel remorse they sign you remorse; you feel anger they sign your anger; the trees mirror the spectrum of your intangible being.
The Trees have infinite multitude of constituents, with complex links; such complexity, defined to an unimaginable degree of macro and micro detail, can compare to that of the mind and the soul and humanity. If humans could be more like trees and less like cancer..My hope is that if every soul on this realm could function and bliss without greed, anger, sloth and envy perhaps we would grow to make a soul forest; sheltering life, conserving and preserving but expanding; changing growing from life to death and life and death without waste.